Start Your Car With Alexa
ALEXA INTEGRATION IS NOW AVAILABLE WITH BUICK AND GMC VEHICLES.
Alexa now allows you to remotely connect to your GMC or Buick using only your voice! Remotely start or stop your vehicle’s engine, or remotely lock or unlock your vehicle’s doors. If you’ve ever wished you could remotely start or unlock your Buick or GMC vehicle from afar – but didn’t have your key fob or the MyBuick/MyGMC app handy, you can now perform either action with the help of Amazon’s Alexa voice service.
The new myBuick and myGMC Skills for Alexa allows you to remotely connect to your GMC truck or SUV using only your voice, and remotely start or stop your vehicle’s engine, or remotely lock or unlock your vehicle’s doors.
All you need to get started is an Amazon Alexa-enabled device (like Amazon Echo or Echo Dot), a model year 2011 or newer GMC vehicle, and an eligible OnStar or Connected Services plan.
HOW TO ACTIVATE THE MY BUICK or MYGMC SKILL FOR ALEXA
Activating the skill for Alexa is simple.
Go to alexa.amazon.com or open the Amazon Alexa mobile app, and login to your account
Search for and select the “MyGMC” skill, and click enable.
You then need to link the skill to your GMC Owner Center account with your username and password. Your username should be your email address.
Remote vehicle control features require a PIN. If you utilize the MyGMC app to remotely connect with your GMC, it should be the same PIN. If you’ve forgotten your PIN, go to my.gmc.com to set up a new one.
COMMANDS TO TRY
Once you’ve activated the Alexa skill, you can utilize the following commands.
- Alexa, ask GMC for help: Prompts Alexa to recite a list of available functions
- Alexa, ask GMC to start my car: Alexa will ask for your PIN, and then start your vehicle, if properly equipped. If you have multiple GMC vehicles or other Chevrolet, Buick, or Cadillac vehicles in your Owner Center Garage, Alexa will ask which vehicle you want to start.†
- Alexa, ask GMC to stop my car: Alexa will stop the car you most recently started.
- Alexa, ask GMC to lock/unlock my car: Alexa will ask for your PIN, and then lock or unlock your vehicle, if properly equipped. If you have multiple vehicles in your Owner Center garage, Alexa will also ask which vehicle you want to lock or unlock.
- Alexa, ask GMC to secure my garage: Alexa will then lock all vehicles in your Owner Center garage.
- Alexa, ask GMC what vehicles are in my garage: Alexa will list the vehicles in your Owner Center garage.